Have a homesite already and need an expert builder to transform your dreams into a wonderful home on that special lot? You’ve come to the right place at Tingen Construction Company! Whether you own a homesite and have a plan selected, need direction in designing a home for your property, or want to find the perfect place for building your home, Dan Tingen and his team can help. As a result of Dan’s many years as a custom home builder, he has compiled a list of items that he recommends you consider in interviewing a builder for your custom home:
- Make a list of “must haves” and a wish list to discuss with your prospective builder, and ask for feedback on the best ways to accomplish what you have in mind within your budget.
- Make sure that the pricing you receive is inclusive of all costs related to building your home. You don’t want factors such as plan design/modification, building permits, homesite clearing/grading/prep work prior to construction, well/septic/water/sewer set up, landscaping, and driveway installation to be unexpected fees in the end.
- Ask the builder how often he/she will be at the homesite, and how often you will meet regarding construction progress.
- Check to see if the builder includes home owner testimonials on the company website or ask for home owner references.
- Ask the builder about the type and length of warranty provided, and how to go about requesting warranty work on your home.
In working with you in planning a custom home, Dan will discuss all of the above and more. He will ask a variety of initial questions to gain a clear understanding of your wants and needs; then, based on a combination of careful listening and extensive knowledge in the home building process, he will present options on what your next home can look like and include. Sometimes Dan can offer options for accomplishing your goals at a cost lower than expected due to his wide-ranging resources and product knowledge. Rest assured that Dan and his team will assist in every step of the way as they deliver the ideal home for your lifestyle.
Want to know more? Contact us using the form below!
Tingen Construction Company is delighted to have been honored with multiple Gold Awards over the last few years by the Franklin County Home Builders Association for its entries in the Tri-County Parade of Homes. These awards, in tandem with a coveted “perfect score” from a Parade judge, are evidence of the commitment to excellence exemplified by the Tingen team.